- Senior Partner
Bert Starr has been providing personalized legal services for individuals and business owners in the DFW area for over 30 years. After receiving a bachelor's degree in Finance from Michigan State University, he attended University of Detroit School of Law and received a LL.M in Tax Law from New York University School of Law.
Bert is an active member of the local Bar Associations and served as President of the Plano Bar Association and as Chairman of the Collin County Bar Association's Estate Planning Section. He is also a member of the Estate Planning Council of North Texas and the Dallas Estate Planning Council.
Most recently, Bert served as President of the Plano Metro Rotary Club.
Bert has also served as member of a number of civic organization, being recognized for his contributions by receiving the Outstanding Young Texas award from the Texas Jaycees and the Citizen of the Year award from the City of Richardson.
Bert has authored numerous articles and pamphlets on estate planning and asset protection and has spoken to numerous civic and professional groups on business law, estate planning, and asset protection.
Clients enjoy working with Mr. Starr because he educates clients so that they understand their choices under the law and can intelligently assess the risk and rewards of their decision in all of their legal and business affairs.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Transactions
- Tax Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Honors: summa cum laude
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Major: LL.M Tax Law
- Michigan State University
- Bachelors of Finance
- Outstanding Young Texan Award
- Citizen of the Year, City of Richardson
- Five Star Professional Award
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas
- Plano Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Plano Metro Rotary
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Texas Bar College